Chaumont Bay Jig Fishing
Frank and Brendan hit Chaumont Bay in New York for some Fall Bass Fishing for big largemouth and smallmouth bass. Part of a 4 day fun fishing trip in the Seneca River area. Lots of 3 lb plus bass.
Zodiac:small round jighead with 3D eyes 2/0 lightwire hook.
Rogue: large round jighead with a 3/0 heavywire hook.
Hydra: Bullet Head with a 3/0 heavywire hook.
Stealth: Large bullet head with 3D eyes and rubber skirt and 3/0 heavywire hook.
Stealth: Green pumpkin skirt
All jigheads have 3/0 hooks
Air Temps: 81 degrees
Water Temps: 77 degrees
Water Clarity: slightly stained water
Type of structure/cover fished: Off shore structure: Rock piles and deep weed lines
Testing Locations: Lake Geneva
Equipment: 7’ Gloomis IMX Rod , Lews tournament speed spool reel 6:3:1 , 12lbs test McCoy mean green mono line
Did you catch anything, and if so how did you catch it? Yoyo the jigs on the edge of the rock piles slowly.
What were the sizes of the fish? 12-14” bass, 4 of them
Were there any issues at all during your test? None to report
Did this lure outperform other lures of the same type and/or style (please explain how it did or did not)?
All the lure mostly worked the same however the stealth jig was the best around the weedlines
These Jigs, in my opinion are designed for off shore techniques. If these jigs were made with lighter weights I could see a shallower application but they are not designed like that. UPDATE: Freedom Lures has many more products and sizes. Check them out at FreedomLures.com
I just usde a standard hoping motion (similar to stroking a jig)
These were ot really effective in the weeds to me.
Very well made construction with great paint jobs. The swivel action lets the jig head swing freely and aides for quick changing of hook sizes. Chip resistant paint and extra-large eyelet for easy tying.
These jigs are very durable these jigs went through a full 12 hour day and they took my abuse very well.
Reviewer’s Overall Thoughts
These Jigs are very well made and very good off shore structure jigs in summertime. Would like to see a lighter weighted version for shallower applications and more of finesse presentation. Overall the jigs perform very well
Rankings (1=Poor, 10=Excellent)
Construction/Quality - 8
Performance - 7
Price - 6
Features - 8
Design - 7
Application - 7
Overall = 7
Cold Water Period
Line Watching on the Ice
Line watching has been a great way of detecting strikes in many types of fishing. It can be tricky at times, and especially when ice fishing with different light conditions.
Using the interactive contour map is simple. It functions just like a typical GPS unit that is loaded with Navionics charts. Click and drag the map to find the lake you are looking for. Use the + and - to zoom in and out for the lake that you would like to view contours for. You can also toggle the overlay data so that it includes satellite imagery or terrain overlay on the map.
Tools or Toys?
A lure is a tool used to mine fish out of a specific environment. You must analyze the weather conditions, the water conditions, the time of day, the season, the type of body of water i.e.: natural lake, reservoir, or river and form a conclusion. You then make an educated guess as to where the fish will be and only then do you begin to decide what lure you will use.
“Just like golf clubs... lures are designed to be used in certain situations and conditions. It is important to choose the right tool for the job...”
Check out our latest bass fishing video tips, as well as, assorted bass fishing video footage from around the world. Our "How To Videos" are designed to make learning new techniques easy and fun. To keep up to date with our the latest how to videos from BASSIN' USA, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
In addition, we've assembled a collection of anglers at the best and their worst moments. Everything from the weekend angler’s outing, to bass fishing adventures and on the water moments with some of the top name Bass Pros. We hope you enjoy!
BASSIN' USA PRIZES
Each registered member will be able to submit one (1) team consisting of 5 Classic Qualifiers. Your roster may only contain 1 Qualifier from each of the five groups (A,B,C,D,E) . The top three (3) teams with the highest total of points after the BASSMASTER’s CLASSIC will win a BASSIN’ USA prize package.
Prizes for BASSIN’ USA.com CLASSIC CONTEST will be as follows:
1st Prize - Tackle Package + Bassin’ USA Hat - Winner:
Daddy’s Girl – C. Kennedy 1255 pts
2nd Prize - Tackle Package + Bassin’ USA Hat - Winner:
Senko Heros – D. Lengyel 1238 pts
3rd Prize - Tackle Package + Bassin’ USA Hat - Winner:
Team Kittyfish - J. Lapinski with 1220 pts.
ELITE SERIES CONTEST
Each registered member will be able to submit one (1) team consisting of 5 Elite Series Pros. Your roster may only contain 1 Pro from each of the five groups (A,B,C,D,E) . The team with the highest total points after each quarter (2 tournaments per quarter) will win one of the four BASSIN’ USA prize packages. The team with the highest overall total points at the end will win our GRAND PRIZE.
Prizes for BASSIN’ USA.com ELITE SERIES CONTEST will be as follows:
1st Quarter Prize - Tackle Package + Bassin’ USA Hat (Value $75.00) Winner:
PeteM - P. Mendoza 2605 pts
2nd Period Prize - Tackle Package + Bassin’ USA Hat (Value $75.00) - TBD
3rd Period Prize - Tackle Package + Bassin’ USA Hat (Value $75.00) - TBD
4th Period Prize - Tackle Package + Bassin’ USA Hat (Value $75.00) - TBD
Grand Prize $100 Gift Certificate to Midwest Fishing Tackle’s Store, Tackle Package (Value $75.00) + Bassin’ USA Hat ($15.00 Value) & Trophy
We will be following the game rules posted at http://www.bassmasterfantasy.com/ for “how to play”, however the BASSIN’ USA.com prizes are subject to our own terms and conditions. BASSIN’ USA.com reserves the right to disqualify any participant who does not comply with our terms and conditions. BASSIN’ USA.com is not affiliated with BASSMASTER, its website(s), contests, tournaments, etc. in anyway. BASSINUSA.com has organized a Fantasy Fishing Group that will be playing on the BASSMASTER Fantasy Fishing site for scoring purposes only. Eligibility to win BASSMASTER prizes is subject to their rules and regulations.
BASSIN’ USA is excited to announce the return of our annual Fantasy Bass Fishing League. It's FREE to enter so sign up today! In order to participate in the BASSIN’ USA.com contest, and be eligible to win our prizes, you MUST follow the instructions below and submit an official entry form.
Please choose a logo below to display on your Website:
Simply copy the code below image for the image source location to have any of our logo images below appear on your webpages - DO NOT COPY AND PASTE OUR LOGO IMAGE FILE(S) THAT IS TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT - only the logo images below are Official Bassin' USA Approved Logos and Banner Ads
Site Description (if needed):
BASSIN' USA - Bass Fishing Articles, Videos and Tips Resource
Read bass fishing articles, learn secret bass fishing tips, watch instructional videos, and join our bass fishing community forums!
|*RECOMMENDED SIZE: 200 x 200 (Square Button)||Size: 350 x 350 (Extra Special)|
|Size: 125 x 125 (Square Button)||Size: 200 x 68 (Half Banner)|
Desktop Backgrounds (Wallpaper):
- If you would like to have our logo as your desktop wallpaper, just find the size you would like below, click the size you would like (1024x768 is standard), a new browser window will open with the logo in the middle, then just "right click" anywhere on our logo and choose "set as wallpaper or background"
ARTICLE & HOT TIPS CRITERIA - for use by our prostaff team members & field-writers.
START > PROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > NOTE PAD
Available Article Topics - areas of interest for online publication
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
8. CONTENT SUBMITTED OR MADE AVAILABLE FOR INCLUSION ON THE SERVICE
- With respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of Bassin’ USA Bass Clubs and Bassin’ USA Groups, the license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content on the Service solely for the purposes of providing and promoting the specific Bassin’ USA Bass Clubs or Bassin’ USA Group to which such Content was submitted or made available. This license exists only for as long as you elect to continue to include such Content on the Service and will terminate at the time you remove or Bassin’ USA removes such Content from the Service.
- With respect to photos, graphics, audio or video you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible area of the Service other than Bassin’ USA Bass Club or Photo Gallery pages, the license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content on the Service solely for the purpose for which such Content was submitted or made available. This license exists only for as long as you elect to continue to include such Content on the Service and will terminate at the time you remove or Bassin’ USA removes such Content from the Service.
- With respect to Content other than photos, graphics, audio or video you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Service other than Bassin’ USA Bass Clubs or Bassin’ USA Photo Gallery pages, the perpetual, irrevocable and fully sub licensable license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and publicly display such Content (in whole or in part) and to incorporate such Content into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed
"Publicly accessible" areas of the Service are those areas of the Bassin’ USA network of properties that are intended by Bassin’ USA to be available to the general public. By way of example, publicly accessible areas of the Service would include Bassin’ USA Bass Clubs, Bassin’ USA Message Boards and portions of Bassin’ USA Photo Galleries and Bassin’ USA eClassifieds that are open to both members and visitors.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Bassin' USA does not own or control, or to people that Bassin' USA does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- Bassin' USA collects personally identifiable information when you register for a Bassin' USA account, when you use certain Bassin' USA services or when you visit Bassin' USA pages, and when you enter contests, promotions or sweepstakes. Bassin' USA may also receive personally identifiable information from our business partners.
- When you sign up as a member with Bassin' USA, we ask for your name, e-mail address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. Once you register with Bassin' USA and log in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- Bassin' USA also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including you're your IP address, Bassin' USA cookie information and the page you requested.
Bassin' USA uses information for three main purposes:
- To customize the advertising and content you see.
- To fulfill your requests for certain products and services.
- To contact you about specials and new products.
Disclosure and Information Sharing
- Bassin' USA will not sell or rent your personal information to anyone.
Bassin' USA may send personal information about you to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information.
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested.
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of Bassin' USA to provide a product or service to you. (Unless otherwise specified, these companies do not have the right to use your personal information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.).
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process.
- We find that your actions on our web site violate the Bassin' USA Terms of Service or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services.
- Bassin' USA may set and access Bassin' USA cookies on your computer.
- Bassin' USA allows other companies that are presenting advertisements on some of our pages to set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to Bassin' USA's cookies.
Editing Your Membership Information
- Bassin' USA gives you the ability to edit your Bassin' USA Membership Information at any time, including whether you want Bassin' USA to contact you about specials offers and new products.
- Your Bassin' USA Membership Information is protected for your privacy and security.
- Bassin' USA may make amendments to this policy from time to time. If we make any significant changes regarding the use of your personal information, we will notify you by posting an announcement on our site.
Web Page Not Found
Sorry, but the content you requested could not be found
The page may have been moved, renamed or may no longer exist. We recommend you try the following:
1) Use our internal search engine to locate the page or topic you were looking for.
3) If you still can't find what you're looking for, you can always contact us and we'll do our best to help you find what you were looking for.
Bass Fishing Tips & Resources:
Before you set out to go fishing for bass? Check out our bass fishing articles and bass fishing tips! Learn how to bass fish, watch instructional videos, and join our bass fishing message boards. Get in sync with the latest bass fishing techniques before you go bass fishing. Established in 1997, BASSIN' USA was created to help both the beginner and advanced angler fish for bass. Come share your fishing experiences with our bass community members! Each year more and more people get online fishing for information about bass fishing. We are proud to be one of bass fishing's internet pioneers!