Fishing Line?

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
6.54BASS

Fishing Line?

Post by 6.54BASS »

Thanks, Guys, I appreciate all the answers as well. Not a day goes by that I don't learn something from all of you Keep it going so I can keep learning!
Bryan Hinton

britchie

Fishing Line?

Post by britchie »

I've tried may share of line and P-Line has past my personal test.
Everone is talking about this Maxima Line and its sounds pretty good, I'll have to try it.

Great info. Keep it comin.
Brian Ritchie : Bassin' USA Prostaff : Kentucky
brianc

Fishing Line?

Post by brianc »

It ssems Ive tried just about all of them, and in my opinion you cant beat McCoys Mean Green for short range presentations. It has very little memory, is limp and is still tough - priced competitively as well.
Brian Caudill : Bassin' USA Prostaff : Ohio
Sitndux

Fishing Line?

Post by Sitndux »

P-Line no less than 17 pound test. Green color for jigs tubes and any creature bait I tie on. Some folks complain about the lack of visibility. In direct sun it may be a bit difficult, however I like the color and it works great in both semi-clear and stained water. For crank baits I use P-Line clear or green in 6 to 10 pound test. It depends on the depth I'm working. I fish Missouri lakes such as Smithville, Truman and yes Ozarks. There are just so many line manufactures and they all seem to work well. What ever you feel most confident with is your best bet.
Rick Ugaz
MPJBASS

Fishing Line?

Post by MPJBASS »

Well I prefer stren mono, anywhere between 10 to 14lb test. I have tried the other lines and to me they all work just as well.
lkgfisherman

Fishing Line?

Post by lkgfisherman »

I use mostly berkly xt for most reels.As for as strength and memory combined i don't think you can beat Silver Thread Excalibur. The only reason i use xt i get all i want free from a family friend of former classic winner.
J.T.
The St.Croix Legend

Fishing Line?

Post by The St.Croix Legend »

I have McCoy braided 20lb. line on my baitcasters. Power pro 10lb on my spinning reel. I use a combo of mono and braid at times so I get the best of both worlds.
Take a kid fishing
Dennis King
My Home Page: http://www.kingtime.tk/
Braddsn

Fishing Line?

Post by Braddsn »

Sufix Elite and P-line... I use them both in 12-14 lbs. Love them.
K-Bye
George Cawthorn

Fishing Line?

Post by George Cawthorn »

I am completely an amature and by no means a pro.

Well I fish most of the time at Castaic from the shoreline and sometimes if conditions are not that windy and choppy the water clarity can be rediculously clear. I'm talking 20 ft. sometimes.

A lot of the time I'm fishing kamakazi style, 5 lb. line or less. I do get some breakoff but definitely more bites. So far I've caught LMB up to eight pounds on the five pound line.... I think I might be able to handle a 10 lber. if I played it carefully. No horsing around with the kamakazi setups!!!!!

I have fished heavier line up to 12 lb. but always done better bites wise with the lighter lines. I have had good bites on the heavier line but not as many.

For the most part I'm fishing clear open water so I rely heavily on a good drag system and 6.5' medium light rod with light line.

My favorite lines are 4lb. Maxima Ultragreen mono for dropshots. 6 lb. BPS clear flourocarbon or stepping up 10 lb. Toray clear flourocarbon 10 lb. (rediculously expensive $27 for 100 meters) but I caught the best fish of my life with it. P-Line CXX 8 lb. or 10 lb. moss green mono are also good when the water is not ultra clear.

When I get my drag set just right I'm pretty comfortable with 5 lb. Maxima flourocarbon. It is pretty tough and it handles and casts well. Not much memory on the Maxima flourocarbon but it is kinda pricey.

If I had to pick just one of the above it probably would be the 6 lb. BPS flourocarbon.

Good fishing to ya, later............ geobass